• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Five a day post

      26th December ~ Boxing Day

      Today for the fist time I join in with a group of bloggers and post about five things. Amy at Love made my home began and hosted this party and I am grateful to be joining in. 

      I have decided to share 5 sites with you on various social media that I follow. I would like to spread the love. Being new to the blogging world I have found the support tremendous and inspirational. To all of you I follow, sorry I could not share you all and to those I am yet to discover, I cannot wait. 

      My five for today are:

      For great inspiration as to what to read, you should watch out the talented writer and read her for honest fresh reviews, pop along to the Wordpress blog of Nicki. She set herself the challenge of reviewing 50 books and 50 films that she had not previously read or seen in the year she turned 50. Find her at 


      On Facebook I follow a fellow Scandinavuan offspring.  Sweet Paul from America also had a Norwegian mormor (mothers mother) as I did. His page is all about the sweet things in life. Who could resist that. He writes about baking, crafting and home style in a way which has fun and flair.  Go see for yourself at


      On Twitter I follow a superb knitter who says she dabbles in crochet too but my word her creations are original, unique and have some wits to them. I usually end up in her blog but as I have already shared a blog with you, Twisted gets mentioned in this section. But I urge you to pop over. Her written word is so clever and never fails to put a smile on my face. A very talented lady. Find her on twitter at:

      @thetwistedyarn

      Of course there is also Instagram and I confess to perhaps loving this form of social media the best. It really is what it says. It's instant. The community are uber supportive and friendly and you can find inspiration immediately. Often from IG you may pop to someone's blog or begin quick snipets of conversation but the photos often just speak for themselves. I love it. Today I share with you a Norwegian baker who writes her posts both in Norwegian and English. She has many thousands, oops just checked, she has over one million followers! And they follow for good reason. Her food bakes are sublime. Don't be put off by her immaculate nails or the pastel pinks of her photos, her bakes are delicious   Find Manuela on IG as:

      Passionforbaking

      And lastly let's not look at electronics but good old books. I cannot get away from them despite trying to embrace new technology. I do not want to be left behind in the past but neither can I let it go. I love books to flick through, to touch and to read and admire. Christmas for me once the festivities begin still mean cook books. I love sitting down in a quiet moment over the Christmas period with a cup if tea and Christmas cake and flicking through cook books. I maybe stuffed full of rich food but I like to continue to peruse the food and wonder when I may try this recipe or that one. My current favourite is another Norwegian descendent, Signe, living in London but was brought up in Oslo as a small child. Her book Scandilicious is top of my go to list at present.  She has another great book out too. Go see what you think. 


      I hope you have enjoyed my insight into some that I follow and that I may have introduced you to new sites. I always find that so exciting. Enjoy the rest of the festive season everyone. I wish you nothing but good things. 

      I am joining in Five on Friday, taking five minutes from our day to enjoy five things.  Please go and visit the other people who are also blogging about Five on Friday this week.

      16 comments:

      1. Thanks for sharing you're fab five
        Clare x

        ReplyDelete
      2. Merry Chrismas!
        And thank for sharing :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Loved your 5, particularly the book blogs.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. So glad 😄. I am sure you will enjoy the book blog.

          Delete
      4. Thank you for taking part I will pop back xx

        ReplyDelete
      5. Hi! I'm taking part in Five on Friday too. Yours is fab and interesting. Hope you're having a lovely festive season.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thank you Marion. Glad you like it. Seasons greetings to you too x

          Delete
      6. Such an informative post, thankyou. I use Instagram but probably not as I should do. I just put random photos on now and again. Look forward to seeing more of your posts in Five on Friday. :))

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. That is very kind of you to say so. On IG I am selmaeclectichomelife I just love it so much.

          Delete
      7. What a wonderful idea for a Friday Five! As a fellow Norwegian descendant (who is currently stuffed with Krumkake) I will definitely be checking out your links.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Ooh love krumkake, I didn't make it this year although my son did ask. So as soon as I'm feeling better might make some for new year. Hope you do like the links x

          Delete
      8. A great idea for your post and good to find some new places to go and visit too! Thank you so much for joining in five on Friday, I enjoyed your post! Hope you had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful new year! xx

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks for organising Amy it was fun to do ❤️

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...